Meet African American Genealogist: George Geder




Hello, my name is George Geder and I'm a Genealogist, Family Historian, Writer & Speaker.

I am a strong advocate for having all cultures and family lifestyles being heard and represented in the genealogy community.  I am an Evangelist for African Ancestored Genealogy.

My family surnames include Geder/Geter/Jeter, Hancock, Stevenson, Melven/Melvin/Melville, Eubanks, Brayboy, Lenard/Leonard.  These folks can be found in NY,PA, SC, and FL.

I live in Santa Fe, NM and am willing to do research statewide.

Currently, I'm working on several projects that include compiling information on African Americans throughout New Mexico.

My contact info:

My favorite quote:

"History is the clock that people use to tell their political and cultural time of day.
It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography.


The role of history is to tell a people what they have been, and where they have been, what they are and where they are.

The most important role that history plays is that it has the function of telling a people where they still must go and what they still must be."
-- Dr. John Henrik Clarke, African Historian.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Share:

0 comments

Total Pageviews